The holiday season is officially over at our house. All the decorations and gifts are put away for another year, and I finally had time to sit down and make a list of projects for the winter. Finding the time has been difficult 'cause:
- I had to go back to work on Wednesday. ;-(
- DS#1 got seasons 1 and 2 of LOST for Christmas and now he has me hooked. He's informed me that I have until Feb. to watch the first two seasons and the first part of this season on the web.
- And, last but certainly not least, I've been obsessed discovering new blogs. There's SO much out there -- seriously, I have a headache. A good headache.
- Paint Laundry Room. Done.
- Make Laundry Room Curtains. Done. (Here's a Peek at the end of this list -- I even exceeded the goal by quilting a little pad to keep the top of the dryer from being scratched.)
- Clean Master Bedroom Closet. Done.
- Paint Walls in Computer Room. Abandoned. Family wanted to keep the ugly wallpaper and they outvoted me.
- Paint Wall Unit in Computer Room. Done.
- Make Flannel Quilts from Gift Flannels. Dropped the Ball.
Well, most of them were accomplished. So here's this year's list...we'll see how I do:
- Make T-shirt quilts for friend. I'm not a big fan of t-shirt quilts but my friend lost her husband in a tragic bicycle accident this summer and I certainly understand the need to hang onto his shirts. And what, really, can you do with them besides make quilts? She wants one for herself and one for each of her two children.
- Finish painting projects: Apple cupboard and mirror for closet.
- Finish wallhanging for sunroom.
- Finish sweater started last year.
- Make Flannel Quilts from Gift Flannels.
- Choose three random projects from stash and complete them.
In other news we saw Charlotte's Web the other night. And loved it. My sister and I cried. I think her little kids just thought we were goofy. Good thing I didn't see it before Christmas, I would have asked for a pig from Santa. I want a little pig.
Here's my fond farewell to our holidays -- this was what we saw at my sister's, first thing on Christmas morning.
If you have snow where you are....please send it our way!